July 21, 2008

And Flowers Pick Themselves

Today I thought I might want to get in a hot air balloon and go on a journey through the sky. I am not scared of heights and it moves slowly up and hopefully slowly down. The slowly down part being key! Seems like it would be peaceful looking down at the world from this new vantage point. Like an eagle soaring...feeling the caress of a gentle, cool breeze and finding solace in the quiet of open spaces.

Nick has been at the beach for the weekend...I am happy that he is doing something fun, but, I miss him. He reports in every now and then. He called to say he misses his family sitting with him on the beach. I told Kate to feed him lots of fattening beach food so he can gain some weight. He is going to have a weigh-in when he returns. Then maybe we will all jump into the balloon and fly away...up, up and away, in my beautiful balloon. (Flashback: Fifth Dimension)

who knows if the moon's

who knows if the moon's
a balloon, coming out of a keen city
in the sky--filled with pretty people?
(and if you and i should

get into it, if they
should take me and take you into their balloon,
why then
we'd go up higher with all the pretty people

than houses and steeples and clouds:
go sailing
away and away sailing into a keen
city which nobody's ever visited, where

always
it's
Spring) and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

~E.E. Cummings

No comments: