
round here he's always on my mind
round here (hey man) i got lots of time
round here we're never sent to bed early and nobody makes us wait
round here we stay up very, very, very, very late.
i can't see nothing, nothing round here (oh)
won't you catch me if i'm falling?
won't you catch me if i'm falling?
won't you catch me cuz i'm falling down on you.
see i'm under the gun round here
oh man i said i'm under the gun round here
and i can't see nothing, nothing round here.
Why Are Your Poems So Dark?
Isn't the moon dark too,
most of the time?
And doesn't the white page
seem unfinished
without the dark stain
of alphabets?
When God demanded light,
he didn't banish darkness.
Instead he invented
ebony and crows
and that small mole
on your left cheekbone.
Or did you mean to ask
"Why are you sad so often?"
Ask the moon.
Ask what it has witnessed.
Painting by Crawfurd Adamson. Website: http://crawfurdadamson.com
Lyrics "Round Here" written by Adam Duritz and Dan Jewett (Counting Crows)
Poem written by Linda Patsan

8 comments:
My prayers are with you as tomorrow marks a year. Always remember he is no longer in pain
Tears come to my eyes as I consider that it is August 13. Nick is so very missed and will always be remembered. You are all in my prayers.
Love,
Miss Vic
Remembering Nick and sending you and your family much love.
joyce
A day to remember that I wish you never had... Nick will be remembered for so much more than just the day he passed away. Thinking of you and sending much love to you all.
Annie
8/13/10
Dearest Diane,
I just came to your blog tonight and just now realized Nickolas' death date was one year ago today. I wanted to take this chance to tell you that I am so, so, so, sorry you lost your beautiful "boy." Tommy and I both have bemoaned your precious son's death as we have kept up with you and read your ongoing story.
You have been so precious to come onto our blog and even comment several times. I have to confess to you that I have come to your blog so many times and have wanted to write to you but all I could do was just weep. To see Nick go from such a healthy young man to such a weakened state so quickly, and then see his fast journey from health to death just seemed incredibly cruel to me. And then to catch glimpses of how the doctors treated you - not hearing you as you cried out for help regarding his difficulty breathing, and then if I read you right, that at times they were even blaming you when he would have a bad episode, just seemed even more unbelievably cruel to me. Hurt upon hurt. Cruelty upon cruelty. Inexcusable in so many ways. My heart just breaks for you.
I wasn't quite sure what to say to you because Nick died in a different way than Merry Katherine, and so Nick's death was a brand new way (to my system) for a mother to be thrown into the horrible hell of child-loss, and it would just literally take my breath away for you. But when you get right down to it, all our agonies are just horrible and unbearable, and leave us with the terrible emptiness without our precious child here with us. And then, with our traumatized systems that feel stuck in a state of hyper-vigilant PTSD~it's like our bodies are all still wired to see what else we can do to save our babies, and we just can't believe it's too late. That's too intolerable for our psyches to bear.
Please know you are and have been in our hearts and prayers, and we will continue to follow you and pray for you. I know the next few days can still be pretty hard, so I will especially lift you up then. May God bless you, hold you, and comfort your broken Mother's heart. And thank you for your willingness in sharing your heart with us.
Much love to you,
Angie and Tommy
Oops, sorry Diane~I had no idea the post was printing as an error page kept coming up!
I guess my Griever's brain's not doing too well tonight.
Take sweet care,
Angie
Dear Diane,
As the 13th marked the anniversary of Nick's death, I was at the beach. It was a beautiful morning, but the surf was rough. I thought about how that rough surf was like Nick''s illness. It kept on pounding and pounding at Nick, but Nick was like the shore line, he kept absorbing the pounding. But Nick like the shore line got weak and was slowly absorbed by the waves. Nick no longer is like the shore line, that we can see, he is like the waves. He is now free and strong, and when we think about him, we remember his beauty and strength,just like when we think of the beach we remember the waves. We will never forgot!
Love and peace,
Mary E.
Post a Comment