August 10, 2012

Whispering Tree





















Dearest Nickolas,
Are you in the clouds? Are you in the blue waters of the ocean or the sea?  Are you sitting high in a tree watching us from above as we scurry through this life below?  Are you in the "great beyond?'  Where is the great beyond?  I want to go there.  I want to be with you.  I miss you so.  My heart aches and the pain of losing you never goes away.  I write these words over and over, nothing changes.  The more things change the more they stay the same....the more they stay the same, the more I want to run screaming from this place...so it would be over and I wouldn't hurt anymore.  There is no mercy, no surcease. There are no answers. I am screaming without a voice in this cave of grief and sorrow.  There is no sound, no echo, just endless darkness.  No escape.  No one to hear the silent screams as tears flow and I continue to lie here.  How long? How long?

Whispering Tree
Oh majestic tree of life
What happens when someone dies?
Does your bough break with the burden of your grief?
Do you weep bitter tears as your roots are torn for the burial plot?
Do the memories provide solace as the headstone is placed in your shade?
Do your leaves cover my baby as he sleeps in the cold ground?
Do you cradle him in your arms with love the way I did?
Do you whisper how much we love him as his spirit sits high in your branches?

© bigD 2012

No comments: