January 01, 2013

Can't Look At the Stars - New Year's Day 2013

“We all want to break our orbits, float like a satellite gone wild in space, run the risk of disintegration. We all want to take our lives in our own hands and hurl them out among the stars.”  ~David Bottoms

“Hope drowned in shadows
emerges fiercely splendid––
boldly angelic.” 
~Aberihani, The River of Winged Dreams


“Rather than turning the page, it's much easier to just throw the book away.” ~Anthony Liccione


Dearest Nickolas, I am missing you so much on this start of another year, our fourth New Year's without you.  This time always makes me sad and withdrawn. I cannot help but to remember back to the last New Year holiday we spent together in the hospital, our dreams of your recovery shattered by a relapse diagnosis.  I try to forget those awful days, but they cannot be erased from my mind.  I love you more than a wagon full of puppies. Please come home soon Nick, I love you always and forever.  Mom xo

1 comment:

mary said...

Think and pray for you everyday!
Mary E