~ You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent their making a nest in your hair ~ Chinese Proverbs
Ironically, I once played the part of the "Bluebird of Happiness." I don't remember any of my lines and my career in theater was short-lived.
There is a nest of baby birds in my old dryer vent. I think they are cute. I hear them chirping through the vent pipe in the ceiling of my unfinished kitchen. Music to my ears. "A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Nick was a trooper and came through his bone marrow biopsy with "flying" colors. It was a nasty procedure to have done and nasty to watch. Nick recovered quickly and flew the coop to meet up with some sea gulls in Ocean City. Now we wait for results...waiting is for the birds!
"Birds of a feather, flock together." At the Weinberg Cancer Center, the birds flock together for lots of reasons. Seeking care and treatment. Finding comfort in knowing you are not such a "rare" bird after all. Glances and brief nods amongst strangers, in the silence we speak. "I know what you are going through right now. It is happening to me too!" Clipped wings beat against the door of the cage. Will a caged songbird sing?
Three Little Birds ~Bob Marley
Don't worry about a thing
cause every little thing is gonna be alright
don't worry about a thing
every little thing is gonna be alright
Rise up this morning
smiled with the rising sun
three little birds
pitch by my door step
singing sweet songs
of melodies pure and true
saying, this is my message to you:
Let me know if you see any twigs in my hair, won't you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Big D,
I love reading your blog. You have a way of making everything connect- the good, the bad, the beautiful, and the ugly. But it's like music and I think about what you have written for days after I have read it.
And I will be bugging Sara more often because I move home Saturday! So, I promise to visit you soon. I'm sorry I haven't been by yet.
Love, Carly :)
Post a Comment