You know that nurse radar thing...well it is working overtime right now, but, the thing is no one here seems to care. In my opinion, Nick is not getting better and if anything he is worse. I also know that there are a lot sicker people here but, I want to them to figure out what is wrong with Nick.
Nick is just not himself...he is in a lot of pain from the HEADACHE, which is causing nausea, vomiting, vertigo and general badness. This is in turn creates a nasty cascade of other side effects like not being able to eat, not being able to take medicine by mouth, not getting out of bed, sleeping a lot and grumpiness. This is not Nick and these signs are telling me he does not feel well. Nick just doesn't look good to me right now, his eyes are puffier than normal and his color is yucky too.
His "numbers" are good, therefore, there is no explanation there. His tests for germs and bugs are all negative, which is great!! But does not explain why the headache. The other symptoms are all coming as a result of the pain in his head. Of course, if he keeps lying around in the bed he will end up with pneumonia or DVT's or some other malady!
They are treating the symptoms with anti-nausea medications and they are trying to control the pain of his headaches, so far without success. He has gone downhill since we got here that is for sure. I finally got a doctor to come and sit down and talk with me. Thank you Dr. D (Fellow) - she agrees there is something going on and agrees to talk again with Dr. A (Attending) and maybe get a CT scan just to rule out anything going on in Nick's head. I will feel a lot better once they have done the CT scan...but, I am still very worried. Sometimes I think I am crazy...but, I know I am not. Every time stuff like this goes down, my instincts are usually right. I hate when I second guess myself and I hate when Nick does not feel well. I will update later if I am able.
Please keep Nick in your thoughts and prayers. Florence Nightingale over and out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment