July 11, 2009

Broken Wings

The small bird sat on my window sill.
He seemed alert and bright.
He sang a song of moon lit skies and journeys to far away places.
It was only when I looked more closely that I saw the sadness in his eyes.
Who will mend his broken wings?


Decisions looming.
Heart aching.
Life spiraling out of control.
Descending into madness.
Surreal days blur into nights of endless tears.
Battered and bruised.
Hope bleeds into the dirt.

12 comments:

mary said...

Diane,
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Just please remember Nick will always be with you no matter what.
Love,
Mary E

Anonymous said...

Diane,
My heart goes out to you, your family and Nick. Praying. Praying that He gives you comfort, strength, and the knowledge that you are not alone. God's blessings, Diane.

joyce

Anonymous said...

Diane,
I am always thinking about you and Nick. Lauren asks about him often. I believe in your decisions.
Love and prayers,
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Prayers for all of you. Trust in your decisions made with love.
Linda Armour

Annie - Steven's mom said...

Hugs. Big big hugs.
Annie

Vicki T. said...

Diane,

Wishing we could do more. Please let all of us blog readers know what else we can do to support your family through this crisis. Drive you or your family back and forth to the hospital? Bring your family lunch or dinner down to the unit waiting room? Anything?

We love you. Hugs.
Vicki T.

Anonymous said...

Diane,
I echo the offer of help in whatever way I can. I work downtown so dropping by mid-day or on my way home is so doable. Let us know.

joyce

The Lauders said...

The Pippen Family,
Our thoughts are with you always. We send our love and prayers. We love you, Nick.

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

I added you to my blogroll, Cancer Blog Links at www.beingcancer.net
Take care, Dennis

K-Dubyah said...

Prayers are all I have, but they are yours and Nicks....

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this poem.
Thanks for putting it up mom.
lots of love

Unknown said...

Mrs. Pippen,

My prayers go out to you and your family. Nick is an inspiration to many of his friends from Joppatowne. I will always remember how much he made me smile and his friendship throughout the years :)