Where are you my son?
Can you see the light?
I keep it burning just for you.
Can you find your way back to us?
We miss you so.
Nothing is the same without your loving presence in our lives.
In the quiet of the night my heart feels the pain.
Can you hear me cry?
I pray you are happy in the far, far away.
Can you feel the love we are sending you?
Please come home and sit with me for a while.
I love you always and forever, my sweet sweet boy.
Mom
"Love must be as much a light, as it is a flame."
~Henry David Thoreau
"Today I heard the sound of birds and I wish that I was anywhere but here...." ~Civil Twilight

1 comment:
Hi Diane, glad to see your poem to your Nick. I think of him and you often and once again I've used what I learned from you to help my mother.
She's been encouraged to keep a journal but is a bit resistant about the idea, saying she's not a "writer". I hope I was right in telling her that journaling need not be about style. It only requires noting her impressions when she sees another change in Dad. I told her how valuable your observations were in keeping track of Nick's illness. And I've learned that while people with Dad's problem take different roads they all pass certain sign posts that signal when it's time to make a change.
I know you'll keep reading, writing, listening to music, to your heart, and hopefully dancing - even a slow dance would be good.
Warm hugs, ~P~
Post a Comment