December 04, 2010

One Last Christmas - Matthew West Official Music Video


I just found out about this video from Dax Locke's Caring Bridge site. Dax's Mom, Julie, was so excited that Matthew West had written this song for Dax. I think the song is beautiful and the video of little Dax tells a story of amazing grace and courage.

When I first played this song my eyes just filled with tears thinking about Nick's last Christmas. He wasn't feeling well and he was hospitalized the next day due a CNS relapse of his leukemia. We didn't know that December 25th, 2008 would be Nick's last Christmas. My heart is forever broken. I love you my sweet son, please come home soon. Mom

2 comments:

mary said...

Diane,

Thank you so much for sharing this.

Love,
Mary E

Anonymous said...

OK. that made me cry. How sweet and sad. Another family devastated by cancer. I remember the days when I didn't realize how many people are touched by this aweful disease. I was reading my freinds blog....she is going through the whole intrathecal chemo thing....having horrible headaches just like Nick did. Brings it all back and breaks your heart again. Thanks for sharing this. Love you seester.