The Ghost of Christmas
In Christmas past, there was warmth and joy,
My family was whole, with a girl and a boy.
With sweet little Sara, and jolly Saint Nick,
The years just flew by until someone got sick.
Now Christmas present, I am torn apart.
A cold wind blows through my broken heart.
There is no joy, only gut-wrenching pain,
that no one can see, understand or explain.
Without my sweet boy, I am lost. I feel bad.
Who knew that Christmas could feel quite so sad?
What Christmas future? Too blind to see.
My eyes have been opened to true misery.
World spinning madly, along for the ride.
Nothings the same without Nick by my side.
bigD © 2010
Jingle Hell
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way.
How can I explain to you how sad I feel each day?
Silent night, holy night,
Nothing is calm, nothing is bright.
All I want for Christmas is you,
But I know that wish will never come true.
Angels we have heard on high,
Why did Nickolas have to die?
It's the most wonderful time of the year,
Except when your child is no longer here.
The longing to see him is so very deep,
Who is surprised I continue to weep?
Where are you Christmas?
Why can't I find you...my beautiful son.
bigD © 2010

4 comments:
Dearest Diane,
There is nothing I can say except I am so sorry you have to go through this. I have been thinking of you and hoping that you can find the strength to see you through. I know Nick's spirit will be your guiding light. Just remember how special your son truly was and will always be in to anyone who knows his fight of dignity, courage and love.
Love,
Mary E
Diane,
Those of us who haven't lost a child can't possibly know the depth of your pain but your words bring us to tears and so we grieve for you and with you. We pray for you and although we feel completely inadequate, we try to bring you comfort with words we hope will convey to you how much we care.
Much love,
joyce
Nick would be torn to pieces to know how you are suffering. He loved life; he loved you. Please live for him.
your poem brought tears to my eyes.
Sending you strength and support.
Post a Comment