This is the seventh Christmas without you my sweet boy.
It is hard to understand how so much time has gone by.
The hole in my heart is still there.
The wounds to my soul are still open.
The longing for you never stops.
I have no words to say anymore.
I love you and your absence has broken my heart.
I don't know how to make the pieces fit back together,
No matter how hard I try they are always in a jumble on the page.
And there is always a piece missing.
You.
I pray you are happy wherever you are my sweet boy. I wish you would come to visit me. I rarely dream anymore...dreams don't come true.
“When we can't dream any longer we die.” ~Emma Goldman And there is the crux of it! When one is without dreams, without hope, things get very, very, dark and sad.
These two quotes are for you Nickolas. If you were here, you could tell me why I should still believe in dreams.
“Dreams are the touchstones of our characters.” ~Henry David Thoreau
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Dreams are the touchstones of our characters.” ~Henry David Thoreau
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


No comments:
Post a Comment