Well here it is 0200 hours and I am still up and wondering why. My internal sleep/awake clock seems to be set to some other universe or something. I am not a morning person, I like being up late, I just don't want to get up when the rest of the world has determined I should. When I started work as a nurse, I always worked the evening shift. Usually quieter, sometimes crazier...patients have circadian rhythms too. Teenagers and college kids get it...stay up and out til all hours of the night, sleep until noon. They do what their bodies tell them...when the clock strikes midnight the energy boost kicks in and it's time for the next round...definitely not time to turn in, hit the hay, or go to sleep of all things! Don't get me wrong I must have my sleep time and I will have it on my own terms. There are times though like right now where my body is telling me to give up the ghost, but, my mind is still revving at some NASCAR level of RPM's. Usually the night time is when I finally stop moving long enough to actually think and process. When it is quiet and no one else is around...
April 13, 2008
Night Owl
Well here it is 0200 hours and I am still up and wondering why. My internal sleep/awake clock seems to be set to some other universe or something. I am not a morning person, I like being up late, I just don't want to get up when the rest of the world has determined I should. When I started work as a nurse, I always worked the evening shift. Usually quieter, sometimes crazier...patients have circadian rhythms too. Teenagers and college kids get it...stay up and out til all hours of the night, sleep until noon. They do what their bodies tell them...when the clock strikes midnight the energy boost kicks in and it's time for the next round...definitely not time to turn in, hit the hay, or go to sleep of all things! Don't get me wrong I must have my sleep time and I will have it on my own terms. There are times though like right now where my body is telling me to give up the ghost, but, my mind is still revving at some NASCAR level of RPM's. Usually the night time is when I finally stop moving long enough to actually think and process. When it is quiet and no one else is around...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment