Lie on the floor on your back and stretch out your arms and legs in the shape of the letter "X" and you have the beginning of my modern class. The dancers know the exercise as "Starfish." It is part relaxation, part port de bras (moving the arms), engaging the center and breathing!When we finish the arms, we roll on the floor like creatures on the bottom of the oceans. We roll slowly and languidly feeling the current carrying our bodies along until we run out of space. Then we roll back in the other direction until we find our home base and return to the starfish position. Very relaxing....
Not that I have my mind right, I guess I will leave an update on Nick. For now this will be a just the facts kind of post.
1. It was discovered that Nick has some kind of GI bug that comes from being on all the antibiotics. This is the cause of the belly pain and some of the nausea. He was started on
a new medication to get rid of the creature from the deep lagoon. After 24 hours on the med, he seems to be feeling a little better.
2. The other issue of concern was the CT scan that was done last Thursday. The results showed some changes in the small and large intestine, all of which could not be explained by the belly infection. Therefore, the doctors want Nick to have a colonoscopy to get a biopsy and check for signs of GVHD. Nick is scheduled for this test on Monday morning.
3. Because of all these developments, Nick transfer to clinic and the removal of his line were put on hold. (I think I already wrote this part)
4. Nick had to go back to IPOP on Saturday to get the once over....he got some IV fluids, some nausea medicine and a nap. He spent some time with Kate, which is good medicine all by itself.
Nick felt a lot better this afternoon with less belly pain and more energy than he has had in a while. He still has "the look" in the face, but, the doctors don't put much store in that. I, on the other hand, know that when I see that face, all is not well on one level or another.
5. Nick's counts today were OK, slightly down on the WBC and ANC counts, which could be attributed to fighting the gut infection that he has currently. He has no fever, thank goodness.
Once again, the road is long and "bumpy" and my shock absorbers are needing to be replaced.
Excuse me while I go roll over the bumpy road and find my inner starfish.

1 comment:
Your courage inspires me. Stay strong!
Post a Comment