It has been a quiet couple of days. Nick has been recovering from his latest round of IT chemo with the new drug Thiotepa. This is a very potent chemotherapy agent and I am not sure how it will effect Nick as he continues to get treatments. His appetite is holding and so far there have been no problems with nausea or vomiting...thank goodness. Even though they are putting the medicine into Nick's spinal fluid, some of it will come out into his system and therefore can give him symptoms.
Nick's energy level has been very low and he tires easily. However, this is not unexpected as his counts are most likely low due to the combined hits on his marrow from the IT chemo and the Dasatinib. Nick is due to go back to the clinic on Monday for another treatment and Dr. Frosty will be sending spinal fluid to test at that time. I am praying and hoping that this new drug can kill the blast cells once and for all as there are not many options left with regard to treatment of the spinal fluid. The radiation treatments would be the next step and Dr. Frosty is hesitant to use this "big gun" unless absolutely necessary.
I guess that is all I have for now. While Nick is hanging in there as best he can, this latest news has been really tough on all of us. I pray to God that we are not tilting at windmills. There are days when that is what it feels like as this cancer is a formidable enemy! If we are going to fight this beast, we must be prepared, for the journey is long and not for the faint of heart. Please keep Nick in your thoughts, in your hearts and in your prayers.
“So many of our DREAMS at first seem Impossible, then they seem Improbable, and then when we Summon the Will, they soon become Inevitable.” ~Christopher Reeve
“Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean.”
~ Christopher Reeve

2 comments:
Dear Diane
You and Nick of with me every step of the way. My heart squeezes tight with your news and I ........ well, I am hoping and praying and wishing and kicking and screaming right along with you!
love and light and a really big hug
Annie
Thanks Annie. It has been a rough patch for sure. I appreciate the kind thoughts, prayers and support.
Post a Comment