This how Nick is feeling right now...dog-tired! Or as my Grandpa Barry used to say, "He's too pooped to participate!"
The weekend has passed without incident. A visit from Aunt Elaine provided much needed diversion from our usual routine. Her visit was anticipated by all with equal amounts of joy and excitement.
Nick & I were off to the airport on Friday to pick up my sister and bring her home to our humble abode. Nick has been looking forward to this visit for quite some time and I know it was a real treat for him to have his Aunt Elaine here. After eight months of "living in a bubble" having a new face to stare at and talk to creates quite a stir.
Some consideration had been given to a gathering but Uncle Dan was sick with the FLU!! So he and his family were on the no invite list. Aunt Barbara was also down and out still battling some kind of nasty cold. Uncle Steve and family were well so they came to visit on Saturday. Though we really didn't do a damn thing, the time flew by, with lots of eating, talking, TV watching, some walking and stretching, but, mostly we all sat around like a bunch of couch potatoes.
Nick has not really had the energy to go gallivanting about the countryside yet. We had hoped to venture out, but, alas concerns regarding Nick's low counts and his general lack of endurance has kept up all home in our little cocoon and for the most part, happily so.
By Sunday, Nick was beginning to show some signs of wear and tear from the long weekend. I am not sure if something is brewing or if he just has gotten behind on his sleep. Aunt Elaine flew back to the windy city and Nick went out to dinner with Kate and family. Glenn tried to catch up on his school work. SARA worked all day and I got to vacuum, do laundry, mop floors, and wipe down innumerable surfaces with bleach and disinfecting spray. The highlight of my evening was to watch the Amazing Race!
Nick's last treatment was on Thursday, and we have not heard what the results of the test were as Dr. Frosty is away and he is the only one who actually takes the time to find out results and call us. I assume no news is good news. Today we will be back down to the Hop for another round...I really need to sit in my corner just a little longer, cause I'm pooped too!

4 comments:
Just wanted to pop in and tell you that I am thinking of you.
Love and light
Annie
Is his real name, Dr. Frosty?
miss diane. i thought you might want to know that your daughters name does not end with an h. love ya!
Hi Kate,
Didn't I tell you I changed it and had an "H" added so I don't have to hear any more crap about that damn "H"!!! Can I help it if every other time I write the word Sarah, there is an "H"!!! Her name was supposed to be Aubrey anyway. Maybe I'll start calling her that...and maybe I won't write her name in my blog posts anymore. Thanks for the eads up.
Post a Comment