April 15, 2009

What Next?

Hey all! Sorry it has taken me so long to put up this post, but, it has been another crazy day. This morning I arrived earlier than usual to keep Nick company, before he had to go off for this test. The doctors came in to do rounds and informed us that Nick was NOT going to go for the test. The doctor told us she would come back and talk to us about the reasons behind this decision. So for a brief moment, we all breathed a collective sigh of relief! The joy from the elimination of this stressor was short lived when Dr. Huff returned to give us the explanation.

Basically, Dr. Huff explained that she had spent a lot of last night thinking about Nick and the risks to Nick of doing the open lung biopsy. This morning the doctors were able to see the results of Nick's pulmonary function tests. The results of Nick's PFT's were not good in that there has been a significant change in the study results pre-BMT and now.

OK, I just spent like an hour typing the rest of this post and it was not saving because I was not on line...therefore, everything I typed is gone. I cannot face typing it again right now, so I will have to try and post it later.

1 comment:

Miss Vic said...

Hi Diane,
Thanks for the update. We are lifting up the prayers. I hope you are getting some rest. Please let me know if I can do anything at all.
Love,
Vic