Nick is home at last! After a long day packing up Nick's room, three or four trips to the car, three or four trips to the pharmacy to straighten out all the meds, three pages of discharge instructions, and multiple discussions with various doctors, nurses, social work, dietitian, and equipment people, Nick and I finally got in the car TOGETHER for the first time since March 9th and headed for home. It is so wonderful to have Nick home and he is so happy to be out of the hospital. It is late as I post this and a new day has already begun. For now Nick is asleep in his own bed. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief before the next round begins. There's no place like home.
The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned. ~ Maya Angelou

5 comments:
Amen!!!!! What great news!!!! Nick is such a fighter and hopefully good things will just keep happening for him. We'll be knocking on your door soon...
Love to you all
The Donoghue's
AWESOME news! I can not imagine how you are feeling, but this news brought tears of happiness to my eyes!
Love and hugs to you both - better days ahead.
Annie
As Dorothy would say and I'm sure Toto would agree, "There's no place like home".
Yippee!!!
Love,
Miss Vic
WELCOME HOME!!!!!! Linda A
Congrats! I think of you often and am sending good vibes your way.
Love-
d
Post a Comment