August 24, 2009

Eleven Days













I miss you Nick.
Every minute of every day.
Has it only been eleven days?
It seems like an eternity already.
I never know when the tears will come, brought on by some random thought of you.
A wound this deep will never heal.
How I wish I could see you again, talk to you again, see your smile and hear you say, "I love you Mom."
I miss you so.

Here is the link for Nick's obituary that appeared in the Baltimore Sun on Sunday, August 23rd.
Here are two Walt Whitman quotes that I like. I think Nick would liked them as well.

“I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.”

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.”

5 comments:

mary said...

Dear Diane,

Just remember you will always have Nick with you. I hope one day soon, you will feel the peace you need to move on. It has only been eleven days. Time will begin to heal the hurt, even if it is only a little bit, but Nick's spirit will give you the strength you need. Hang in there Diane, and know that you and Nick made a difference in many peoples lives. It doesn't bring Nick back, but it allows him to be remembered and keeps him on earth with us.
Love,
Mary E.

hockeychic said...

Thank you for linking the obituary. What a wonderful piece honoring your son.

Thinking of you and sending lots of strength and comfort your way.

Miss Vic said...

What a nice article. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am at such a loss for what to say. I just want to hug you and cry with you.

Vicki T. said...

Hi Diane,

Thank you for sharing the article with us. It is really great. I love the Walt Whitman quotes too.

Hugs,
Vicki T.

Anonymous said...

Diane,

I can only imagine how often the tears flow, for each of you, together, privately, (publicly, too!). I imagine you cry often, sometimes suddenly, at the drop of a hat and no trigger needed. Weep. Heal. In your own time.

Absolutely beautiful memorial in the paper, Diane. I look forward to seeing you at his celebration.

Much love,
Joyce


So live that your memories will be part of your happiness.
~ Author Unknown

Hate leaves ugly scars, love leaves beautiful ones.
~Mignon McLaughlin