This is not me you see.
My body has fallen to the ground.
Do you see me there?
The pain overwhelms and I want to hide from eyes that cannot see.
As I lie here on the cold ground, I wonder how it will feel tomorrow, next week, next month, next year...how it will feel forever?
Stuck between mind-numbing shock and overwhelming sadness.
I cannot find the energy to get up.
Staring into space, caught in a web of unending grief, helpless to move forward.
Only wanting to go back.
Back to my son's smile, his laughter, his bright eyes, and his gentle soul.
Back to the days when he was healthy and strong.
Back to a time before time stopped and I was set adrift alone and afraid.
Still lying lifeless on the ground.
What will I do now?
It is a ghost you see walking around in my shoes.
She is not me.
She is going through the motions.
Don't think she is "over it."
She is just marking time until the next
nauseating wave of loss washes over her.
Hurry home.
Find a safe place to release all the pain in a flood of tears.
Am I still lying on the ground by the dark house with the gloomy sky?
Yes.
"We can see the smoke of a burning home,
but who can know of a burning heart." ~Malay saying
"The passions of the heart are not always visible, particularly when we are suffering a severe loss. Survivors often say they wish they could wear a sign or a badge to signal to other people how damaged they feel. Grief is isolating and it is deceptive. Sometimes a person who seems perfectly fine on the outside is going through extraordinary inner torment day after day, hour after slow hour."
Excerpt from the book "A Time To Grieve - Meditations For Healing After The Death Of A Loved One" by Carol Straudacher

3 comments:
Dear Diane,
I pray that sometime soon you find some inner peace. I don't know how that happens but I pray that it does. I never want to begin to imagine your pain, and I know it will never go away, but I just hope you can come to terms with losing Nick. Remember Diane he is in the heart and soul of all of those who were lucky enough to have met and loved him, and even those who were not so lucky. God blessed you with an amazing son, and it seems so cruel to take away such a precious gift. We will never understand while we are here on earth, but one day when you are with Nick again, he will explain it to you. I personally can not imagine moving forward, but I know you will for your daughter, your husband, and for the memory of Nick. I pray you will find some peace.
Love,
Mary E.
Sending you support and thinking of you every day.
Hugs, Hugs, and more Hugs. Still thinking of you and wishing you didn't have to go through this hell.
Love,
Vicki T.
Post a Comment