And been bow'd to the earth by its fury;
To whom the Twelve Months, that have recently pass'd
Were as harsh as a prejudiced jury -
Still, fill to the Future! and join in our chime,
The regrets of remembrance to cozen,
And having obtained a New Trial of Time,
Shout in hopes of a kindlier dozen.
~Thomas Hood
Last year, at midnight, Nick was in the hospital. Glenn & I had gone home to give Nick some quiet time with Kate. At midnight, Nick called home to wish us a "Happy New Year." I didn't know it would be the last time I would celebrate the new year with my son. The loss of the future I would have with Nickolas brings me to tears every time I think of all the things I will miss. This new year will not bring me joy. I do not know what the year will bring. Right now I cannot imagine anything more than continued sorrow and pain. I will keep walking on this journey and pray that Nick's spirit will guide me and give me strength to drive on.
Good for the body is the work of the body, and good for the soul is the work of the soul, and good for either is the work of the other. ~Henry David Thoreau
If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it. ~Toni Morrison

6 comments:
Dear Diane,
I hope and pray the new year will bring some peace and joy to you, your family and all of those who loved Nick so much!
Happy New Year.
Love,
Mary E.
Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and sending support and strength.
Diane, I lost my last post, it must have gotten lost in cyber space, may be Nick intercepted it on the way to you. I thought it was very profound and i am very sorry you didn't get it. The main thought was I love you so I am repeating it in this note. Getting past all of these first is going to be tough, it will get better. Linda and I are spending a quiet New Years @ home, Planning On haveing surf & turf,and lots of chamcagne!!!! Love to you,Glen, and Sara. Dad
Dear Diane -
I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you, and hoping you get through this incredibly tough time as best you can. I know you know there are a ton of people out there pulling for, not only you, but your whole family. As always, I wish there were something I could do or so - but, all I got is I'm thinking of you.
Love,
Catherine
hi mama bear,
i wish we were all going to be together on new year's eve. i remember drinking champagne in nick's room and watching the ball drop on tv and would give anything to be doing that again this year--maybe leave out the hospital room part. love you all and will be up to visit again real soon. love, kate
Seester, just finished dinner with the family. Kayla and Patrick are off to friends house. Jim and I are home. We had a toast to Nick and it makes me so sad. I wish he were still here with all of us. Wish we could rewind to 2007 or something and take a different path. Works on Heroes....too bad it doesnt work in real life. Love you. Kiss Glenn and Sara for me.
Post a Comment