January 31, 2010

Stages of Grief

Bad Doctors

Where are all those awful doctors now?
They are doing their own lives.
Are they applying all their research data to other patients, like they did to Nick?
They have not a care that my son is dead.
Nick meant nothing to them.
He is only a statistic now,
And a bad one at that!

Soul In Mourning

This experience is like a steaming pile of shit.
Nobody likes the smell of it.
Nobody wants to step in it.
It ruins a good pair of shoes.
You can never get that shit out of your soul.

People Do Haiku

People say they care.
I wish I knew how to tell
if they really do.

Sad Pie Haiku

My son is gone pie.
Served warm with a side of pain.
Won't you have a slice?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I care Diane. And, I wish there was something I, or anyone could do to help. Because - we would.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, I liked the pile of shit one made me giggle. Two people in S.C. do, like the shadow do, Care that is. We also LOVE you very much. Linda & Dad

TravelBaggs said...

And me too - if there was a way to share out those slices of pie and make it easier on you - I know there would be a long line of us to do just that...
love and light
Annie

mary said...

Diane,

Just know better days are coming. Trust me Diane, people care and wish they could take away the pain. Please take care of you!
Love,
Mary E

Anonymous said...

Aunt Diane,
I do care and I would take a piece of that pie to help lighten your load - we all miss him in our own way however yours definately is different, you were his mama! and being a mommy myself I can only imagine the pain you are experiencing. But please know we hold you (Sara & Uncle Glenn too) in our hearts and prayers. LOVE YOU!