May 28, 2008

There's No Place Like Home


Well it is official as it gets...the 4/2 Stryker Brigade Combat Team has started the long trek home after serving 15 months in Iraq. Even now they may be uncomfortably strapped into those ridiculous seats (if you could call those things seats) in the belly of a C130. I hear that ride can be very cold, so I hope they are enjoying the A/C after all the triple digit days in sector. I hope they are all so exhausted that they are sleeping like babies for the 30+ hours it will take them to get back to McChord Air Force Base. I wish I could be there to greet them, give them all really big hugs, help them with their bag draggin', and buy them some good food. Alas, I am stuck here on the wrong coast, so those of you who will be there at Fort Lewis...give the guys some extra hugs for me. Suspect, you know I will be thinking of you and I wish I could be there to see your feet touch down on American ground. I cannot wait to hear all your travel stories and how it feels to be back home, both good and bad. Have a care and keep a low profile for a while, being back home is like getting on a ship, it takes a while to get your sea legs. God(s) bless every one of you! Hope you all enjoy the homecoming tunes. Rock on with your bad selves!

No comments: