There is a beautiful song that pays tribute to those who have fallen in battle. I discovered this song from the soundtrack of the movie, "We Were Soldiers." I am posting the lyrics and the song to pay my respects to the soldiers who have lost their lives serving our country so courageously and valiantly. For the rest of this week, my posts will be in honor of just a few of those fallen heroes. I do not know any of them personally; perhaps, I read a story about them, saw a picture of them, or they were part of my adopted soldiers "band of brothers." I see each one as a star in the heavens and I hold them close to my heart, their sacrifice never to be forgotten. "Mansions of The Lord"
To fallen soldiers let us sing,
Where no rockets fly nor bullets wing,
Our broken brothers let us bring
To the Mansions of the Lord
No more weeping,
No more fight,
No friends bleeding through the night,
Just Devine embrace,
Eternal light,
In the Mansions of the Lord
Where no mothers cry
And no children weep,
We shall stand and guard
Though the angels sleep,
Oh, through the ages let us keep
The Mansions of the Lord

No comments:
Post a Comment