For any of you out there who don't already know this, try not to get sick or be admitted to the hospital over the holiday! All hospital functions go into hibernate and nothing seems to happen unless you are designated an EMERGENCY in big capital letters.
Current Factoids:
1.Nick still does not feel well and looks like doo-doo. He said he felt "better" this morning, which apparently prompted him to decide he was ready to go home. He then proceeded to pack up all his clothing that was in the cabinet in preparation of his departure. When I came in and discovered this I just wanted to cry and I did.
2. MRI still not done...it's a holiday.
3. IV Acyclovir was started because Nick's spinal fluid had 2,000 white blood cells in it.
Normal = 0. This could be due to infection or the very bad troll has come out from the bridge big time. A test called flow cytometry examines the cells and determines what kind they are....not done. It's a holiday.
4. What will be the plan when they find whatever it is they find? Don't know yet.
5. Nick has had an allergic reaction to either the morphine or the Benadryl he was given at the same time. He broke out in bad, itchy, splotchy hives all over his back, neck, and chest and was complaining of swelling of his eyes, cheeks and nose. Luckily his airway was not involved. Then they had to give him hydrocortisone for the allergic reaction, which is a steroid like medication that can cause immunosuppression, which Nick does not need right now.
5. Nick says he is hungry, but, today unable to eat much of anything. He has already placed orders for tomorrow's food, so I hope he will be able to eat something tomorrow.
6. If I have to type the word headache tomorrow, I will not be held responsible for my actions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment