Yesterday, Nick excitedly reported that a cardinal had landed on his window sill outside his bedroom window. I can picture Nick calmly watching this little fellow as it perched so peacefully on the sill, the two of them happy to enjoy each others company. Nick enjoys watching the birds outside in our backyard. I do too. We feed them regularly to keep them fat and happy. Nick says the cardinal coming to his window is a sign that he is going to get better and that his Nana is watching over him. I like to think that too.
Today we got some GOOD NEWS. Isn't it nice to have some good news every now and then?
Dr. Frosty called this morning to let us know that Nick's test from yesterday came back with so few cells that they could not do the flow cytometry test. This is a good thing because it means the Thiotepa is working. So for today, we will quietly smile and enjoy a few moments of peace. I hope the next time Nana pays us a visit there will be more good news!
Nick his hanging tough. He has had a few visits from friends, which have been so wonderful and help to keep him sane. His counts remain low and we must remain steadfast in our fight against germs! However, we are learning how to work around these constraints and keep Nick as safe as possible while still trying to allow him to have a life. His weight has been holding steady at 143 pounds. His appetite seems good and his spirits today are up. Although, right now, he is watching a sad but good movie called "The Fountain." I will have to talk about that movie another day. Today will not be sad or melancholy. Today we will smile and dream of all good things.
The song is a favorite of my blog soldier buddy Suspect. Whenever he puts this song on his playlist I feel like he is having a good day and it makes me smile. Enjoy.

2 comments:
a) I agree that The Fountain is sad movie and I wondered why Nick wanted to watch it for the second time.
b) This song makes me happy.
c) The story about Nick and the cardinal is absolutely adorable and I can totally envision that situation taking place.
d) I'd watch out for that Dr. Frosty--I hear he does questionable things to little old ladies in the hospital.
Good News is GREAT NEWS! Oh Diane, I am happy with you about these wonderful results. I agree - some days just have to be happy ones from beginning to end and let the rest just come another day.
love and light to you all
Annie
Post a Comment