September 06, 2009

The Other Side


Overwhelmed with everything. No patience for anything. Spending hours and hours of time preparing, trying to get things right. Spent hours last night crying with Glenn over our poor, dear, lost son. The pain never stops. The tears finally did. Then I went to his room to look for things to put on his memorial table...found the Christmas cards I gave him last year. He had saved them. Cue the tears. Why does it hurt so much? I hope Nick is kicking back on a beach some where. Please come see me my sweet boy...I miss you so much. We all miss you so much. I love you always and forever. Mom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayer for Those Who Mourn

Bless those who mourn, eternal God, with the comfort of your love that they may face each new day with hope and the certainty that nothing can destroy the good that has been given. May their memories become joyful, their days enriched with friendship, and their lives encircled by your love.

Amen.

--c 1991 Vienna Cobb Anderson, Adapted from "Prayers of Our Hearts"

mary said...

Dear Diane,

I hope this poem can find you some comfort.
WALKING WITH MY JESUS
I could never have imagined
What I would see today.
I'm walking with my Jesus
I have never felt this way.

Embraced by Heaven's glory
And the power of His grace,
I'm walking with my Jesus
We are standing face to face.

Angels line the streets of gold
Their faces shining bright,
I'm walking with my Jesus
Covered by the Angel's light.

I hope you can rejoice
And be glad for me today.
For I'm walking with my Jesus
I have never felt this way.
Debbie Oyler

Love,
Mary Eichelman

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

Special invitation to leukemia bloggers. This month’s Book Club selection at www.beingcancer.net is by leukemia and transplant survivor, Evan Handler. Handler is a noted Broadway and television actor best known as Charlotte’s boyfriend/husband in Sex and the City. He has also appeared in Lost, The West Wing, and Studio 60. This funny and poignant book covers his diagnosis with AML, his remission, relapse, and treatment with bone marrow transplant at John Hopkins and Memorial Sloan-Kettering. You can order a new or used copy of the book from my site. Discussion began today and will continue for the next three Mondays in September.
Take care, Dennis

Anonymous said...

Dear bigD,
I am sorry. I wish there was something that others could give you to ease the pain you're in, I'm sure they would do it. You have been there for others in times of pain, all I can give you is a reminder that you're not alone. It won't go away, but you will get better at dealing with it. Take care of yourself and ride with it. z