March 08, 2010

Dreams of Loss


The problem with my dreams is that I don't remember them. I woke up this morning and half realized that I was dreaming about Nick. It wasn't what I would consider a "good" dream. Nick was very sick, his body emaciated and his spirit lost. I just remember trying to carry him somewhere and there was this sense of urgency about getting him somewhere safe. And then all I had in my arms was his box of ashes. And when I woke I was confused about what I dreamed and what it all meant. And I was sad, feeling that I was trying to somehow save him when there was no hope and I was just continuing his suffering. I miss my sweet son.

2 comments:

mary said...

Dear Diane,

I am not sure what your dream means, but you did not continue Nick's suffering. You supported your son's decisions. There is a big difference. Maybe the dream means that Nick knew no matter how dire the situation you would be there to carry him through. And we all know that is what you did. I can not wait until you have the dream and can remember Nick telling you he is alright. You will feel so much better. I truly believe Nick is at peace in a place we can never imagine.
Please Diane take care of you!
Love,
Mary E.

Anonymous said...

Big D,

There are ways to remember your dreams. You can look it up online and there are tools that help you keep the memory when you wake up. There are even dream psychologists that can help with this too. It works for me all the time so you should try it.

Emily <3