August 29, 2008

A Day Later

What a difference a day makes! Nick felt much better today. He was able to eat a little more and was up and about in his room and did his laps. He had enough energy to argue with Mom about climbing up on chairs to fix a broken VCR/DVD player and announce with a pout that he was "bored." He has another day of rest tomorrow, so I am looking forward to a good day.

Dr. Jones, the current oncology attending big wig, stopped by briefly. He announced that basically all of Nick's remaining blood cells are "dead" "but they just don't know it yet!" Well...OK? Thank you Dr. Tactful. (It was somewhat humorous though, in it's own macarbre way) I really do like Dr. Jones and Nick knows his son (who is around Nick's age). Sometimes I don't think the medical people think too much about what they say or how they say it. We are still waiting for Nick's counts to drop (not that we want them too) but we know that they inevitably will. There is no undoing chemo and therefore, it is only a matter of time before we see this reflected in Nick's blood work. In the meanwhile, Nick has a brief respite, before he has to receive two more days of the Cytoxan. Unfortunately, it will be hitting him throughout the weekend, so he most likely will not feel well again for a few days. I cannot believe it is Labor Day Weekend. It doesn't seem like a holiday to me. It is late and I must go to get some sleep.

No comments: