August 03, 2008

The Days Before

Sorry to leave everyone hangin' for a while there. We have all been at the beach for a few days. The latest news is that Nick has gotten his admission date for the BMT! He will be admitted to John's Hopkins on August 21st. The tentative date for "Day Zero" is August 27th. And thus, Nick's long journey will begin. Despite knowing this was coming, my stomach sunk when Nick told me he had heard from Holly. (He got the call right when he arrived at the beach on Friday.) While I am glad we have a date now and this initial uncertainty is over, I am scared out of my mind to know that he actually has to start this process and there is no turning back. Once Nick returns from the beach, he will begin his pre-transplant testing. He will be busy running back and forth to Hopkin's getting all the required tests and procedures that are necessary prior to his admission to the hospital.

I spent a restless night at the beach in a strange bed...I cried some and tried to tell myself to suck it up and deal. I am worried as any parent would be and I haven't figured out the best way to handle all this yet. My "to do" list is long and I am not able to relax much. Barbara & I are still working on hiring teachers and the sooner I can get this ironed out the better I will feel.

I will be home from the beach late Monday night. I will be able to say more at that time. I am literally on borrowed time here at the Bethany Bytes internet cafe. Time keeps on ticking....ticking....ticking....into the future.

Please keep Nick in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: