Thought I would post a quick update. Nick is doing OK...having some nausea, vomiting and fatigue related to the chemotherapy medicines. All things considered he is doing pretty well. Nick has not been able to eat a whole lot since yesterday around lunch time; but, that is to be expected and he has basically been sticking with liquids and clear fluids as tolerated.
Nick & I just came back from a walk...he did thirty laps around the floor. We have pedometers to track our steps. Nick's pedometer had over one thousand steps, and he was walking so fast I thought his IV pole was going to pitch over onto the race track. We are renaming it the Daytona 500 (at least I am renaming it that, as I am a NASCAR fan). I am sure Nick will choose a Formula One track as he and his Dad are into the Formula One racing. Nick is a tall guy with a long stride and I was running to keep up. Good exercise for me too. We are going to bring in our yoga mats so we can stretch.
I just swiffered the floor in his room and I do not even want to tell you the color of the swiffer pad when I finished. Yuck. I swear I haven't seen a housekeeping person in here once. I keep asking Nick if they come in and clean and so far he has said no. Oh well, I have supplies and we will clean as needed. I wipe down his room every night before I leave, handles, phones, laptops, TV remote, call bell, light switches, chair arms, bedside nurse buttons, bed rails, room phone, bedside table, regular table etc. As you can see there is a lot of wiping to be done. Nick is in the shower as I right this, yeah! He is trying to do everything he is supposed to do so he can get out of here ASAP!
Tomorrow is the big day! Still don't have a time or any information on when the actual transplant will happen. I hope to find out more later this afternoon when rounds are over. I will post again tonight to update everyone. Keep the faith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment