Well Captain Nick is resting finally. The night has been somewhat uneventful....thank goodness for small favors. The problems arises when Nick has to get up to use the BR, which is often when they are pumping you full of fluids for "pre" hydration and "post" hydration and other what not. When Nick gets out of bed, even to the new throne, called a bedside commode, all bets are off because his body does not want to tolerate all this activity and he starts working really hard to breathe! I am hoping one of these new medicines will kick in and knock whatever germs are causing this right out of Nick's system. This is the first time I have ever felt the need to spend the night and so far no one has tried to remove me from the room. It has all been very pleasant, yet, exhausting, because there is no where to sleep, so I have mostly been catching up on blogs, emails, Facebook, old boyfriends (just kidding - don't have any old boyfriends) making lists of things to be done and generally occupying myself. The nurse will be in soon to start the Ambisome (loving called the "yellow devil juice") Nick has been on this before and his body did not like it too much. So I hope this time is better. I hope by this time tomorrow night, there will be an improvement in Nick's respiratory status. Peace out.
March 14, 2009
3AM
Well Captain Nick is resting finally. The night has been somewhat uneventful....thank goodness for small favors. The problems arises when Nick has to get up to use the BR, which is often when they are pumping you full of fluids for "pre" hydration and "post" hydration and other what not. When Nick gets out of bed, even to the new throne, called a bedside commode, all bets are off because his body does not want to tolerate all this activity and he starts working really hard to breathe! I am hoping one of these new medicines will kick in and knock whatever germs are causing this right out of Nick's system. This is the first time I have ever felt the need to spend the night and so far no one has tried to remove me from the room. It has all been very pleasant, yet, exhausting, because there is no where to sleep, so I have mostly been catching up on blogs, emails, Facebook, old boyfriends (just kidding - don't have any old boyfriends) making lists of things to be done and generally occupying myself. The nurse will be in soon to start the Ambisome (loving called the "yellow devil juice") Nick has been on this before and his body did not like it too much. So I hope this time is better. I hope by this time tomorrow night, there will be an improvement in Nick's respiratory status. Peace out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Prayers for you....
~AM
Post a Comment