March 14, 2009

10AM

Well Nick made it through the night!! No new problems. All the new flavors of Skittles and Sprees were administered in orderly fashion. Nick slept through the Ambisome infusion, no adverse effects were in evidence. The nurses changed shift and Nick has his same nurse as yesterday, Nurse Joy. She is very nice and sweet. She saw how much he was struggling yesterday, so hopefully, she will stay on top of things today. I am hoping today will be QUIET and that Nick will begin to show signs of improvement. The doctors already rounded and they all appeared in his room this morning, hoping something miraculous had occurred. I feel that it is still a little early to judge yet as Nick only started the new medications at midnight and beyond. He will be taking his second dose of steroids this morning. (I guess he will be getting the chipmunk cheeks again, but, hopefully it will help his appetitie as well.) His counts for some reason are up today (higher than any recent values), which I am not sure what to make of it.
WBC =3,750 ANC = 1,988! Platlets - 116K Hct. 29.3 If nothing else, I hope the higher neutrophil count will help his mouth begin to heal. Keep Nick in your thoughts and prayers.
Florence Nightingale out!

1 comment:

Annie - Steven's mom said...

Thinking of you so much! I am glad today arrived without any new issues..

And no - none of us have old boyfriends, ;)