June 06, 2008

Gone Fishin'















Got the word that Nick will be coming home tomorrow. He will basically be on "house arrest" while we prepare for the next step, which is apparently going to be a bone marrow transplant. Of course, Nick just wants to go fishing with his Dad and Uncle Steve. I am happy that Nick will be home for the next few weeks or so, but, it is all in preparation for a step that will be very scary for all of us...like stepping off a cliff and hoping someone is at the bottom to catch you. The "honeymoon" (if there was one) is over and I feel the full blown weight of this diagnosis on my heart and it is painful. No one speaks about the elephant that is in the room...or maybe more appropriately the monster in the closet, which only makes me more aware that it is lurking there. I do not know where I will get the strength to do this...my heart is heavy tonight.

No comments: