
Just thought I would post a quick update. Sunday was a good day here at the ol' homestead.
Nick was in good spirits and the weekend at home has been without incident. Nick got some much needed sleep. He is getting fed around the clock, as we are trying to put some poundage back on his lanky frame. There were just enough visitors to keep Nick from losing his marbles being cooped up here with Mom and Dad all day. His headache (from the lumbar puncture) seems to be lessening and I hope it will be gone soon. He has tried to stay flat most of the weekend which will help the area at issue heal. Best of all, he has remained without fever or any of the other dreaded symptoms that require us to call the doctor. Today was a good day for Glenn & I too. Glenn was in his glory creating a variety of different foodstuffs for Nick and guests. I was happy to have a day to catch up on studio work and organize a few of the "piles" into some semblance of order. If I could only have one more day, I might even get caught up!
We must all be up way too early on Monday, in order to head down to JHH for Nick's first outpatient appointment. He will have bloods drawn and labs evaluated. During his clinic appointments, he will get transfused if needed and the all important "counts" will be reviewed. The hope is that we will see the return of good WBC's (so he can fight infection better than right now) and that the bad PH+ (Philadelphia chromosome) numbers will be going down as his medicine kicks into gear. Sara will be getting tested or starting the process to see if she is a match for Nick's BMT.
I will be back in the studio this week for my last week of classes before rehearsals begin. Nick will continue to chill at home and he is looking forward to seeing his friend Barry and his Aunt Elaine who are both flying into Baltimore this week. We are all still getting used to the mandatory feeling of "germaphobia" and I hope someday my hands will stop smelling like bleach. Gotta got to bed now...I am not a morning person so I need to hit the hay. I will post an update on our journey to the clinic when I get home from dance tonight. Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment