
Ok...doesn't that look just like Nick when he was a baby? Anyhoo...all has been quiet here on the home front. Nick has been resting, trying to eat a lot, relaxing and trying to stay out of harm's way.
He has another clinic visit tomorrow. He will have to go at least 2x/week to get blood drawn and receive transfusions as needed. Nick tells me he is scheduled to actually see a doctor next week, so I hope to be able to get more information at that time. I don't expect to hear anything about the matching for a little bit. Of course, when I do hear anything I will be sure to post. Nick is getting a little antsy, he wants to go to a baseball game and his friends just arrived in Tennessee for Bonnaroo; so he is a little bummed about not being able to be there.
Sara wanted me to add that they are all sitting in the living room "sulking" because (in my words) their hippie-selves are not in the land of pleasant living, drinking wine from bags, running barefoot through the dusty fields with flowers in their hair and funk in their armpits. Oh yeah, and listening to the good music.
Returning to the studio has been a mixed bag. It is good to be back to see all my dancers and my DDC family. I have been doing my best to catch up with the help of my DDC "Sarah's!" They have been a great help with all the office work that needs to be done. It seems like running a dance studio wouldn't involve that much work, but, it always amazes me all the stuff that needs to get done. Right now, I find that when I am not home I am unsettled and worried, even though I know I shouldn't. I am a worrier, not good at doing all those cliche things they tell you, like "cross that bridge when you come to it" and "take one day at a time." All things considered, I am chill right now. I try not to think too much or too far ahead. I am enjoying this brief respite, and having Nick home is so great. So I guess in closing, I will leave some good quotes on "worry." I need to put them on a paper and read them whenever I feel the urge to stress.
“Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway.”
"Worry is like a rocking chair--it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.”
“Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow.”

1 comment:
Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrow - it empties today of strength.
Corrie ten Boom
Post a Comment