June 29, 2008

Cease & Desist













Yesterday, someone decided it was a good idea to shut down Lt. G's blog. My anger has been officially redirected. Clinic nurse off the hook, U.S. Army you're up... Lt. G was told he was to stop posting on his blog effective immediately. I have already composed a letter and started sending it to various Senators and Congressman throughout the country. Here is an excerpt from my letter...


"I am a regular reader of milblogs and I have gained knowledge about the war and the workings of the military (both good and bad) through the writings of those who are "boots on the ground." These are stories one will never see, read or hear from mainstream US media. I do support our soldiers and I am not anti-military. I am anti-censorship when it comes to violating the very rights for which our soldiers have been fighting and dying for the last five years! I know that there are security concerns and OPSEC issues that have to be considered. Lt. G is aware of those rules as well. The last thing he would ever do would be to intentionally endanger the lives that he has been entrusted to protect!

I want this soldier's blog to be reinstated and this "gag" order taken off of this soldier and his blog. Here is the link to Lt. G's blog - kaboomwarjournal.blogspot.com I refuse to sit idly by and watch the rights of our soldiers be violated. As they defend the rights and freedoms of others, who will defend them?"

No comments: